Wednesday, September 01, 2004

A day at home. I was so delighted. Dick and I mixed up a batch of Riesling in the primary fermentor. I also worked on the elderberries that Bobbie brought over on Sunday. I cleaned and destemmed them. There was 6 lbs of cleaned fruit. That is enough for two gallons of wine which I also got into a primary fermentor.

This was a good year for berry type fruit because of all the rain. Both the chokecherries and the elderberries were lush and juicy.

I actually picked two tomatoes off of the plants in the pots on the deck. They tasted good but were just a bit larger than cherry tomatoes and are actually supposed to be regular sized tomatoes. Well, the corn looked dismal in the middle of summer but we are getting it every week now and I have several packages in the freezer.

I will be interviewing with a reporter from the Sheboygan Falls Review tomorrow to get a story in about the Celtic Mass and Faire. Sure hope they have the ability to download pictures off of a disc.

It is time for bed, I am suddenly very weary. And tomorrow will be a VERY busy day.

Love

Mary

Grandpas are on my mind as I am looking for pictures for the Research Center and memories are popping into my head. Did you know that both of my Grandfathers were Christmas Babies. Every Christmas, after Mass, Grandpa and Grandma Bowser would stop at Grandpa and Grandma Deeley's house (which was just a couple of houses from church) so that the Grandpas could have a drink together to celebrate their common natal day.

Bye

No comments: