Saturday, September 04, 2004

Bret called today, before I had a chance to call him. SO - I got to wish him a happy birthday and hear his voice. He is out at his place on the Colorado River for the weekend with friends. He got the package of PGA articles and souveniers I sent and was very pleased with it. I like to send things to him because he has fun with them.

While talking to him about the PGA - he mentioned that he would really like to see that course. I told him that when he comes again, we will have to REALLY dig deep and see if he can play it or at least tour it. I mentioned that there used to be a military training base out in that area of Haven. I remember as a young child that it was still open on when we would go to movies or shopping in Sheboygan on weekends there would be soldiers on leave all over Sheboygan. Flash Backs.

I was getting a bit worried, I couldn't find some of you old pictures of Grandpa Deeley, but they showed up tonight. I am doing a bit of a history of him for the Research Center's booth at the Celtic Faire. I even found an article that appeared in the Press's Do You Remember column in 1975 indicated that he was in charge of the St. Patrick's Day banquet in 1925.

Wow.

Have a nice day.

Mary

No comments: