Saturday, June 12, 2004

Didn't get around to signing on yesterday. It was quite a day.

Dick and I went up to De peer to say goodbye to Bart and Barb and started off with quite an adventure.

It was raining at 10:00AM when we left. I was driving. A couple of miles north of Sheboygan, I decided to pass a truck. As I moved into the left hand lane, I cranked the windshield wipers up to high. I was about half way around when the wiper on the passenger side must have gotten off sync and jammed into the end of the wiper on the driver's side. As you can imagine, they both then stopped except for vibrating right in front of me.

I managed to back off and move over to the side of the road without incident. Then poor Dick got out and was standing on the driver's side trying to separate them. He finally did but they were then bent and off sync and eventually did not move at all. We called Hyundai's emergency service and believe it or not it worked perfectly. They had a tow truck there in less than 15 minutes and we were towed to Van Horn where we had purchased the vehicle and they had us back on the road by 11:30.
We were pretty shook, at least I was. So Dick drove up to De Pere after we left.

Bart and Barb are loading their rented truck today and leaving tomorrow afternoon. They hope to be in Lawton on Tuesday evening. I hope if they get too tired, they take an extra day and rest more. I helped a little. Not too much I could do. They gave us the remaining food from the freezer as they cannot transport that. Please pray for a safe journey. Three days, don't forget.

Last night a good thing happened. A couple of years ago, I started putting loose recipes into Master Cook, a recipe program that Jim found for me. Somehow or other, it crashed and I lost several recipes. I still had the copies of most of the important ones, EXCEPT, for Grandma Pekarski's Crumb cake that I had gotten from Aunt Helen's home after she died. I couldn't find the card anywhere. That was at least three years ago. Last night I opened the Master Cook Manuel and it fell out. So I was a happy camper. That along with Aunty Brandl's Wonder Salve have a little history behind them. I must remember which of the genealogists that are doing history of Ziegler or Deeley who might like a copy.

What? Having a bad day??
> Iraqi terrorist, Khay Rahnajet, didn't pay enough
> postage on a letter bomb. It came back with "return to
> sender" stamped on it. Forgetting it was the bomb he
> opened it and was blown to bits.
> There, now are you feeling better?

(Got this in an e-mail from a friend.)

Have a great day.

Mary

No comments: