Sunday, June 06, 2004

The thunderstorms we were expecting did NOT appear. Thank Heaven! Chelsea and I walked this morning in a little mist but I did not even come home soaked, just a bit moist. Actually, I was a bit irritated with my Chelsea. She started pestering me at about 5:15AM and I ended up getting up at 5:30AM which is too early on a Sunday. Dick says he thinks she is still on standard time. Maybe she is smarter than the rest of us by not accepting change.

We drove south to Sussex WI to visit Dick's sister Hazel and his niece, Suzi. Hazel moved back to Wisconsin within the past several months and is finally settled in a mobile home in Sussex. She is 87 years old. Such a joy to see her healthy and fully "with it" when we know many of the problems that come with old age. We are planning on having them come up here in August for a get together with all of Dick's children.

We went to the Outback for dinner. It was the first time we had been there and it was great. I had a steak and garlic potatoes.

I was going to add something whimsical but can't find it right now, so I will add something SILLY instead. I don't know WHO wrote this but got it from a friend many years ago.

The Loser

Mama said I'd lose my head
If it wasn't fastened on.
Today I guess it wasn't
'Cause while playing with my cousin
It fell off and rolled away
And now it's gone.

And I can't look for it
'Cause my eyes are in it.
And I can't call to it
'Cause my mouth is on it.
(Couldn't hear me anyway
'Cause my ears are on it).
Can't even think about it
'Cause my brain is in it.
So I guess I'll sit down
On this rock
And rest for just a minute.

(Think about it!)

Love

Mary

No comments: