Monday, June 07, 2004

Life is good. I shot a 15 at trap league tonight. That is the best I have done with my new gun and I am slowly improving.

The recipe for Beer Cake turned out well enough that I will share it with you. It is another way to use the 1/2 can of beer that I have left after making Chicken on a Throne, also known as Beer Can Chicken. The suggestion is to drink it but I haven't been a beer drinker since I got pregnant with Bart and it started making my stomach all goofy. Now not only does my stomach get goofy, but I don't like it. However, it makes good bread and (I now know) cake.

Beer Cake

4 Oz. cream cheese
2 Oz. sour cream
4 oz semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup beer
2 cups fours
3/4 cup sugar
2 tsp. baking soda

Put the cream cheese and half the chocolate chips into a blow. Heat in microwave until soft (they really don't melt but become blendable after they are warm.) Stir in the sour cream.

Add the sugar, and mix well. Add the beer,, the flour (it is smoother if you sift) and the rest of the chocolate chips. Continue to mix.

Add the baking soda and mix quickly. The beer starts to work the soda right away.

Pour the batter into a pan and bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes or until it is done. (A knife or toothpick comes out clean.) Tastes OK as is but is a little nicer frosted or with ice cream or whipped cream.

enjoy.

Mary

No comments: