Tuesday, June 08, 2004

It was hot and muggy today. We had a smattering of rain. When it came, I was sitting out on the deck. I was able to sit out in the rain, actually dry, under the overhang until Dick came to find out what the heck I was doing. It was really time for dinner anyway.

I found a poem in a notebook of an inscription that is on one of the Bowser (My Mother's family) that reads as follows:

Their toil is past
their work is done
And they are fully blest
They fought the fight
The victory won
And enter into rest.


I remember really having trouble reading it because it is so faded as is the tombstone that was erected for three of my great great grandfather's children who died within six months of each other. Those were hard days. I lost one child and cannot envision losing three in a year.

St. Michael's Church out near Parnell is an interesting place to visit anyway. The church is just lovely.

Take Care

Mary

No comments: