Sunday, June 13, 2004

The scattered thunderstorms and patches of rain predicted for today turned into heavy fog this morning and one shower. It is rather hot and muggy out there. I have been following weather REALLY close the past couple of days because Bart and Barbara are leaving for their drive to Lawton Oklahoma today. I know I mentioned that earlier but some people may not have logged in. Besides I am really rather worried. That is a long drive and they are my kids and I do worry about everything. Dick says I am very good at that.

Well, we should be done with Reagan's funeral rights. It was a long week, a nice tribute to a man of history but a little too much at one time. Saturation makes a person become numb. There was one interview I found quite amusing and I think a nice picture of the man's humor.

Tim Mc Carthy was a secret service man assigned to President Reagan when Hinkley shot him. Tim Mc Carthy was also shot, in the chest and spent some time in the same hospital as Mr. Reagan. When he was checking out, he, his wife and their two children were invited up to Reagan's room to say goodbye and receive his thanks. When the visit was over, Reagan called Tim over to his bedside and said something like. "Tim, This guy shot a Mc Carthy, a Brady, a Delahanty and a Reagan. Do you think he has something against the Irish?"

I will finish with my daily reading from Cadfael's Book of Days. A kind of comforting thought for the start of a week.

"Leave agonizing too much over your sins, black as they are, there isn't a confessor in the land who hasn't heard worse and never turned a hair. It's a kind of arrogance to be so certain you're past redemption."

Mary

No comments: