Tuesday, June 15, 2004

When Dick and I went to Cashton earlier in the year, I went out shopping at some of the Amish Farms that are in the area. At one of them they were selling large gourds in very interesting shapes. The ladies had let them dry, hollowed them out and painted the white. Then they put a wire for hanging. I sprayed it with sealant to keep the paint from running and hung it in the big tree in back of the house. We will be able to see it easily when we sit out there this summer. I believe that it has been "occupied" by a lovely bird family. It will be fun to see it as the summer goes on.

I HOPE we will be able to sit out this year. With all the rain we are likely to have a bumper crop of mosquitos.

I spent the day watering my indoor plants,grocery shopping and reading. Tonight I will do some sewing on a quilt. Dick and I are planning a trip to the Sault Ste Marie in July and are kind of planning that. We intend to visit his niece Theresa in Medford on the way. We haven't seen her for a couple of years and do look forward to the visit. She is a darling girl and her family is so nice.

Tomorrow

Mary

No comments: