Saturday, June 19, 2004

My baby brother, Randy's daughter, Erin graduated from high school this year. She is also my goddaughter and asked me to be her confirmation sponsor too. So she is special to me. She will be going to UW Green Bay next year and got three scholorships. They are rightly very proud of her.

Found out that she is quite an artist. They had several of her paintings displayed around the garage. A self portrait, a three set (Hard to discribe) and a very thought provoking picture of a crouching blindfolded man with his shadow being a standing man. It also involved a comment on mankind in general.

I signed on the the prayer chain at church. It seems that I am always calling with a request and decided that I started to return the prayers. Sickness and
Death seem to be all around us these days. Age does that I expect. I am
less worried about it the older I get. I think that the experience of
being physically with Tim when he died erased a lot of my fear. I
feel that death is but a pause and that eventually we all end up,
Hopefully, in the same place. A place where we can catch up and enjoy
each other under God's smile. FINALLY LIVING in peace with no more
cruelty or fear. I also see my Mother living so beautifully. A
couple of weeks ago, she said to us that one of these days, Dad was
going to come and say that it is enough - and take her hand and lead
her to heaven. I know she misses him but she is enjoying her life to the
fullest as it comes to her. What an example she is.

Love

Mary


No comments: