Saturday, March 13, 2004

Mother and I went to a "Second Saturday" program presented by the Sheboygan County Reasearch Center in Cooperation with the Sheboygan Falls Library. They had Ellen Kort, Wisconsin's Poet Lauriette and author of "Wisconsin Quilts: Stories in Stitches" speaking. She was billed as an expert on quilts and stories. She was very good but Mother and I felt she spent more time telling about her poet successes, which was very interesting to me as and amatur poet AND quilter but for the avid quilter probably a little too much focused on the poetry. I was impressed. She is one of those people who does everything well and often. She will be remembered. I will be pleased to be able to say I heard her at our next Writers Club meeting.

"He prayed as he breathed, forming no words and making no specific requests, only holding in his heart, like broken birds in cupped hands, all those people who were in stress or grief." Ellis Peters

This seems to be so true right now. I try to remember all the prayer requests. I hope you remember mine.

Love

Mary

No comments: