Monday, March 08, 2004

I fixed the best salad tonight. I found it on the Change One site. A diet site through Reader's Digest that I subscribe to. The trick is lots of greens, some onion and mandarin oranges. Then a dressing of oil, vinegars and orange juice concentrate. Nummy Nummy. We had company and the salad was a wonderful accompaniment to Cornish Pasties. I will definitely use fruit in salads and a sweet dressing too.

Went to Writers Club this afternoon. I read my Son poem and they seemed to like it. My "editor", Janice Kaat who publishes the Pike River Community News that prints my food column was there today. We are a nice group. Perhaps with the inspiration of their persistance and experience, I may do something worth leaving as a footprint to show that I really was alive on this earth.

There is a song that has a line I like that goes "And I might have done some things good enough for you to see." I feel that way a lot. It would be a shame to end 60 to 90 years of life with nothing left to remind people you were here.

Love

Mary

No comments: