Tuesday, November 03, 2020

I voted. Hope you all did too.

Bart was nice enough to drive me over to my polling place at about 9:30AM.    It was reasonably busy but not too bad and everything went smoothly.   I did not spend more than an hour.   HOWEVER,   my understanding from the news broadcasts that the early morning voters had the longest waits of the day.  (perhaps after 5PM things will line up a bit.)   But it is nothing like the horror stories that we have seen around the company.    I think all the pre voting and the mail in really made things fairly easy today.   I did not mind my hour.  I was glad that Bart took me though.

As we are going to gather for our first Bible Study at Holy Family since the beginning of this pandemic, I did my grocery shopping today so that I can enjoy this first time in so long.    We are a great support group for each other and I have missed the community prayers and discussions.   We are meeting at 10 AM and Mass is at 12 so I will probably go to Mass too.   I baked scones today and will bring them to the Bible study so that I can eat SOMETHING an hour before communion which is the time suggested.    I need food regularly, so when I get home at about 1PM I can gorge:)  We are not supposed to bring food, but I will bring the tin and just let everybody decide how they feel about it.

I HATE this pandemic.  I miss hugs and people.   I even love when vendors come:) Today some guys came to update my ADT.     Vita loved them and it was such a pleasure to have someone in the house.

Well.   That is my day.    Hope you are all well.

Miss you so much

Dia dhuit

Mary


A prayer I love

Lord I shall be very busy this day.

I may forget Thee but do not Thou forget me.

Sir Jacob Ashley

 

 

No comments: