Thursday, October 15, 2020

Safe and sound at home

 After a lovely Writer's Club meeting.    There were just the three of us, Marti, Karlos and me but we all read and enjoyed it    It is so nice to get encouragement from others.   I am ready to send my book to a publisher,   Need to do some research as to how to present it and search for a market.

Tomorrow I will be meeting with my Celtic friends and am looking forward to that too.    Have a couple of interesting things to present.   One, a famous Irish Poet -Derek Mahon died.   He wrote about the pandemic.

EVERYTHING IS GOING TO BE ALL RIGHT

How should I not be glad to contemplate

the clouds clearing beyone the dormer window

and a high tide reflected on the ceiling

There will be dying,there will be dying,

but there is no need to go into that.

The lines flow from the hand unbidden

and the hidden source is the watchful heart:

the sun rises in spite of everything

and the far cities are beautiful and bright.

I lie here in a riot of sunlight

watching the day break and the clouds flying.

Everything is going to be all right.

by DEREK MAHON

Dia dhuit

Mary













No comments: