Sunday, October 02, 2016

I am surely going to sleep well tonight.    I went with Barb, this afternoon, to walk in the 11th Annual Spirit of Survival Walk.    The walk culminates the end of a day that begins with a half and quarter marathon and a 5K run.     Then in the afternoon, they have Kids Marathon and end with the mile spirit walk.  Barb did the quarter marathon and did it in 55 minute.   Ya Hoo to Barb.   I was not up to getting to the park by 6AM in the morning to walk or run at 7:30AM.

BUT I wanted to participate in this wonderful fundraiser.  So walked a mile.   I have a neat yellow t shirt and a medal.   I am so proud.  Barb as a survivor wears a red shirt.   She is a true wonder.   Even helping people on the walk who got too tired.     We are truly blessed to have her.

I went to mass this morning and stopped for coffee and donuts afterwards.   I like that here.   This is how I have met many of the parishioners.  With that and Bible Study, I ALMOST feel at home.   It does take a while though, doesn't it?   This isn't my first rodeo.

Dia Dhuit

Mary


No comments: