Friday, October 07, 2016

A happy day.    Bart and I drove down to the Wells Fargo Bank in Wichita Falls and I have paid off the mortgage on this house.   We sent a certified check which will be received on Monday so as of Monday I will be free of debt again.   Ya Hoo!

I also consolidated a couple of accounts as long as I was there.    Now, I will be setting up a funeral trust in the next week or two, then investing the rest of the proceeds.   Dick would be so pleased that I don't have a house payment any more.

It was rather chilly today, never got over the low 70s.   Actually, it was in the low 50s when I took Mr. Nicky out this morning.   Nice for walking, except that it was quite windy as we had a storm go through during the night.   No hail or damage here.  Thank heavens.   So sorry for the people on the east coast.   We need to pray.

Barbara is at a quilting retreat this weekend.   So glad for her.   She really needed some time and will enjoy that so much.   Bart and I are going to Octoberfest here in Lawton tomorrow.   That will be fun.

Dia dhuit

Mary




No comments: