Friday, March 18, 2016

Had an appointment with Dr. Toy this morning.  He is pleased with my progress and I will see him in another week again.   We are extending the time between visits and eventually I will see him only when needed.   Ya Hoo. 

After a couple of errands, I spent the rest of the day at home.   I am preparing for a special Birthday dinner for my youngest son.   Of course, you all know that is Bart.   He will be 45 tomorrow.  How can this baby who snuggled into my neck be 6 feet tall and 45 years old?    He was born on St. Joseph's day but requested corned beef and cabbage.

I read in a prayer guide, that corned beef was a staple of the Irish.   That is actually not completely accurate.   The Irish did prepare Irish Bacon with cabbage and potatoes.  When they arrived in New York, the Jewish people had this wonderful  process of corning beef to make it tender and tasty.   The Irish found that this worked quite well as a cheap and available replacement for Irish Bacon.  And that is the rest  of the story.

I am working daily on my book, now that I have found it again.    My goal is to have it ready for IBAM.

I can't believe that next week is Holy Week and a week from Sunday is Easter.   Then the following week is the Erin/John wedding.   I am so excited about that.   So happy that Nicky is happy with his "brother" Bart when I am gone.  I hope that I will be as comforting to his critters when I am in charge of them when they go somewhere.   OMG.  WHAT IF WE WANT TO GO TOGETHER.  Oh well, we won't think about that.

We have a freeze warning for tomorrow.  Go figure.   But it is a short session and spring is on its way.  We will yearn for these temps in the summer.

Dia Dhuit
Mary




No comments: