Monday, January 25, 2016

I know it has been a while, but I told you it would be.

Bobbie and I had a blessedly uneventful drive down to Oklahoma, arriving at Bart and Barb's at about 7PM on Saturday evening.  Bless her heart, Barb had a big pot of her taco soup on the stove for us to eat before heading to bed.   

As we got in on Saturday, Bobbie and I were able to go to Mass on Sunday.   Then, in the afternoon, the four of us AND Marlise, Barb's Mom, took a drive up into the refuge here.   It was a beautiful drive through country that I have had the pleasure of seeing but Bobbie had not.   I hope we have whetted her appetite, so she and Bill will come down to visit often. 

Today, was the BIG day.    We went to a walk through of the house this morning and I signed everything this afternoon.  I am no longer a homeless person:)    

After the closing, I went to the house and unloaded the car.  Tomorrow, I am supposed to be having the furniture delivered in the morning and my brand new refrigerator, washer and dryer in the afternoon.   

By Thursday, me and Nicky should be able to get back to a normal life.    He is SO confused/

Tonight, Bobbie, Barb, Marlise and I went out for dinner.  Bart was not feeling too well, so   it was a girls night.   Tomorrow Bobbie goes home.      I will miss her.    But thank heavens we are in an age of email, skype, and easy phoning.   

Til later

Love you all

Mary

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mary! Happy to see you made it safely, I've been thinking of you. And.....drum roll....the home closing went well also. Sorry to hear about Bart, and glad he is on the way to recovery. Enjoy your new home can't wait to see pics of facebook!

Kaye