Sunday, November 15, 2015

The past two days have been extremely full.   I did not get home until almost midnight Saturday which is why you did not hear from me last night.

Yesterday, I baked scones in the morning.   I am out of white flour so I made wheat scones.   I found a super recipe for Cranberry orange wheat scones.   However, it called for wheat germ to go with the wheat flour.   I did not have wheat germ either.  So I looked up substitutions for wheat germ.   One of them was ground nuts, so I used some pecans that I had and ground them in the blender.   They turned out pretty good.    I took them to the 1:00PM meeting of the CWI Literary Exchange.    Everybody there said they loved them so I guess it is a keeper.

We were discussing the book Trinity by Uris.   A super book if you want to learn the background that lead up to the Irish Rising.  It starts back in 1885 or thereabouts and you see the journey through families on both the Irish and the British sides of the issue.

It started out with me and Joan Kramer and was looking pretty pitiful.  Then Debbie O'Grady and Felicia Roslund Reindl and Luann Cleary Beninghaus came in followed closely by Kathy Paul and Barb Fishbaugher and finally Sonya Prichard.   We all brought food too so it was quite a wonderful event.

After the meeting. Felicia, Luann and myself went to my house to feed Mr Nicky and head out for Milwauke to the Milwaukee ICHC (the IrishCenter) via some shopping that Luann wanted to do.   The Center was hosting a concert by Liz Carroll accompanied by Pat Broaders with Jimmy Keane as a special featured guest.    I would have even gone by myself.   It was so good to spend a few minutes with Jimmy.   We have been friends since that first Ireland trip.   He is an amazing musician as ar Kuz and Pat.   What a glorious evening.   So many Celtic friends who volunteer at the Center were there working and just being friends too.    I felt all warm and fuzzy.

Today started with the choir singing at the 9:30AM Mass.  Then at 3:00PM I left the house for Fleet Farm.    I picked up Jeff and Kathy there.  He was having something done on his truck and we were heading to Blessed Trinity in Falls for a Memorial service hosted by Wenig Funeral home for the families of people they had helped bury their loved ones in the past year.   As Mother was one of them, I wanted to be there and Jeff and Kathy were able to come also.     Wenig does a lovely service and follows it with refreshments afterwards.    They do this every year at different churches.  I believe this was the first time at Blessed Trinity.   It was lovely.  They always give an angel ornament to the families.    About a month ago, the ornament I got for Dick fell and broke.   So now I have one to represent both Dick and my Mom.    I have it in my office keeping an eye on me.

Now you know how busy I was.   Tomorrow I have Bible Study and intend to visit Peggy at Rocky Knoll.  The week is otherwise generally quiet.   And next weekend is quiet.   I am so glad.

Love you all

Dia Dhuit

Mary


















No comments: