Thursday, November 12, 2015

Spotty rain all day and it was windy as all get out.   They say we could get a few flurries tomorrow morning.   Hope not, but I guess that is OK.   It is after all November and this weekend it is going to get up into the upper 50's so what do we have to complain about.

I was really busy today.   Can't tell you exactly why though.  Except for this story.

Nicky and I went out for his walk.    He was really perky and we went around the Lions Park Baseball fields off of Valley.  We can't go over the railroad tracks because of all the rocks and stuff so I have figured out a way that works.    HOWEVER,  Mr. Nicky was a literal stinker today.   He was sniffing the weeds along the top of the ridge when he suddenly make a really impressive "Poop Dive".   He was smeared from neck to hip.     So I got him home as quickly as I could and stuck him in the tub.    He was not too happy about that but does not really argue with me and is not the terror stricken creature that Zero was.  He did not get breakfast until he was clean either.   Had to wash is collar and leash too.   What a mess.  He also found a chicken bone in the yard this afternoon.   I took it away and tossed it down (wrong move).   Tonight he looked carefully until he found it again.   This time I carried it in to the trash.   What a funny little guy he is.

There was just a lot to do this morning anyway, part of it getting my football picks in.  I had several calls and emails to work on too.   Shanna came to clean the house.

I made a really good meat loaf for my dinner.   Will be eating that for a bit.  I will freeze part of it.

I drove over to Rocky Knoll after lunch to see my neighbor Peggy, who just got there this morning after her double knee replacement.   She is pretty medicated but has experienced a lot of pain from the surgery.    I will go back tomorrow to see if there is anything I can do.   Thought I would call her husband and see if he would like a meatloaf sandwich and cole slaw or a meal tomorrow too.

Choir practice tonight.   We are working on some of our Christmas music now.    New stuff.   One of them is really hard.  Timing wise anyway.  It is fun to be singing again.   And they are such fun people to sing with.

Til tomorrow.

Dia Dhuit

Mary







No comments: