Saturday, May 23, 2015

Memorial Day Weekend

A quiet weekend for me.   Only broken (and very nicely) by visits to Mom.    Today, I kept pretty busy here at home.   Bloomsday is coming together and I took care of some apples that needed to be dealt with.  (Apple Crisp and Apple Sauce)   Didn't have to really cook as I am still enjoying Schnitzel and dumplings from my birthday dinner.    It tastes wonderful with cole slaw.

I went to Mass at 4PM.   My friend, Tom Fohr, had called and asked if I could distribute wine for him today.   He had carpal tunnel surgery and didn't think that handing a cup of wine to dozens of believers was practical.   I was glad to help as I love distributing communion.   Pray for my friend's hand to heal quickly.

Then I stopped at home to feed Nicky and went to Meadow View to take communion to Mother.   She was at dinner.    I don't think she is eating enough but she ate some of everything and she says that she is full.   We went back to her room when she was done and I gave her the sacrament.   Then we visited for some time until I knew she was tired and I am too.   I had to get home and eat so that there is, at least, a little time before I go to bed.


Tomorrow I am staying home ALL day.   I do not intend to leave the neighborhood, except of Nicky's morning walk when we go through Lion's Park.   If it as nice as it was today, Nicky and I can sit out on the porch for a while.   They are suggesting rain for the afternoon, so we will have to see.  Perhaps I can plant the herbs I bought the other day. AND prepare the ground for the tomatoes that Jeff and Kathy will bring next week.

Mainly, I want no plans for tomorrow.   Just a wander through the day.

Dia Dhuit

Mary

Family, - Bart and Barbara will be here in Wisconsin with me from June 3 to the 9th.    They are coming for a friend of Bart's wedding.    I am planning on a kind of open house on Sunday, the 7th?   Unless you all think another day would be better.   The wedding is Saturday.   I am excited.






No comments: