Monday, March 09, 2015

A super busy Monday made busier by a silly mistake.

Bible Study at 9:30AM.   There were just four of us.    We finished out discussing of Acts 20.   A lot to discuss in this one as Paul is instructing his followers in Ephesus how they should behave and continue as he would never see them again in this life.   Lots to talk about.

Then I went to visit Mother.   She seems good.   She says that she is so weak but did also say that she felt better today than she had felt the past couple of days.   I think the warmth and the sunshine will perk her up.

Then I picked up Sy Regan and we went to the Sheboygan Writers' Club.   There are always at over 20 people at this meeting.   This meeting those who had accepted, read from and assignment to write 300 words or less on an item or picture that we had.  I wrote a poem about my Heeland Coo.   I shared the photo that I took of the one that I almost petted  in Scotland.

Here is the poem.

 

Tatie, the Highland Coo

Those huge black eyes looked deep into mine.
She had to be at least twenty six
though she did not look a day over twenty.
She stood at the fence
expecting a treat
which I did not have.
I reached to brush her furry locks.
She calmly pushed my arm away
with the huge long horns that graced her head.
Her demeanor said, “Do not touch my body!”
Those horns were enough for me.
She was agreeable to pose for photos,
probably used to paparazzi snapping shots.

It was at this point that I fell in love
with my new favorite animal
this noble creature known in the Scottish Highlands
as Heeland Coo,
a name that surely suits her.


Dia Dhuit

Mary

No comments: