Wednesday, November 05, 2014

Poor little Roxie had to go have her blood tested again today.  She was not a happy girl at all.   As Dr. Connors and I agreed, she probably cannot understand why a princess such as her should be treated in such a manner.   Today was the day for her fluids so I had them do it when they took her blood test.   No sense having her go through two times of distress in one day.  Her liver/kidney functions are doing OK.   We are adjusting her pills again because there is still some iron deficiency. 

I had lunch with my High School friends.   Three our four times a year whoever is able just meet somewhere for lunch.   We were out at Black River in Sheboygan this time.  I had not been to that particular restaurant.    Good food and it is always fun to visit with old friends.    Driving through that area of Sheboygan was odd.   We used to live at Creekside Condos on the south side about 20 years ago.   I have not been that way for YEARS.   The Sunnyside Mall is hardly a mall anymore looks rather deserted though there are some businesses there.

I did my grocery shopping on the way home.  I stocked up some on baking items that were on sale.  After Thanksgiving it will be time to start baking.

Spent the afternoon on bookwork and some sewing.  I have to finish my bookwork in the morning because I need copies and Roxie is sleeping on the copy machine these days.   Normally I would move her but she has had a traumatic day and I like to baby her then.

Have been getting a bunch of pictures from our Nora of my great grandson, Marcus.   A bunch of him trick or treating and another group of him ice skating.    He skates better than I ever did.    He is growing so fast.   What a precious little man.

Tomorrow the Great Lakes Writer's Festival is at Lakeland College.  I am going to go for the day.   I will not be able to stay for the night events because I will be going to choir practice at St. John's.  But will be able to attend the talks and have lunch with friends.

This week has been SO busy.

Dia Dhuit

Mary

No comments: