Monday, November 03, 2014

Pleasant day

It was a good Monday.   

Bible Study was interesting.   We have started reading the scripture itself from our own bibles.   It is always kind of special to hear the word in the different translations.    We have everything from the King James to the Contemporary English to the New American Bible and several in between.  Sometimes a translation gives a different slant on something.   The message is basically the same but different nuances come out in different translations.

Went right to Meadow View to see Mom and managed to get there just as they were taking one of my communion people for his dialysis.   They have made his appointment earlier on Mondays and last week he had already left.    All I can do is try or as I did last week, I left it for him.  He said that he did get it but it is important to have the people contact too.   Everyone else was OK today.

Mom and I had a really good visit.   We were talking about a bit of genealogy and how she enjoyed the kids that came for Halloween treats and especially for a Halloween visit for treats from Becky and Elizabeth.    Saw Elizabeth's new school picture.   What a darling.

Then I went to see my friend Joan Kramer for a reflexology treatment today.   That Is SO relaxing.   I believe I have told you that she is an RN.   She always takes blood pressure.   Mine was high again today.  It was even higher when she checked me after the treatment.   Odd.   But it was not too bad and the bottom was ok so I'll just watch it.

Home again did I ever have a happy kitty.   She must have just been lonely because she cuddled and purred and was really clingy.   She finally has settled down but has not eaten her supper this.

Tomorrow I am having breakfast with my friend Bob Fleming, then voting and finally going to the Sewing Basket to browse.   I'll be home before lunch so my sweet kitty shouldn't be so lonely.

Hope your week is going well too.

Dia Dhuit

Mary


No comments: