Tuesday, November 04, 2014

Election November 2014

And all I am going to say is that I did do my civic duty and voted this morning.  I hope everybody else did too.   It takes all the voices to come to a real consensus.

It was a nice day.   I had breakfast with my friend Bob Fleming this morning.   We met at 9AM at the Log Cabin.  Haven't visited for a while so we had a lot to catch up on.    He is enjoying his home ownership but I can tell it has been more work than he thought.   At least, he can pretty much do what he wants.   He had two trees cut down and is going to do sculptures of two of the trunks which he left standing.   I will look forward to seeing that.

Left him and stopped by UCC where we had celebrated the CWI Samhain dinner.   I had "stolen" one of their serving spoons.  I discovered it two days later and finally managed to bring it home.  Don't want to go to hell for stealing from a church.   There are lot more fun things.

I voted next and then stopped at the Sewing Basket.  I told Bob and Peg Hurrie's son that I would do a stitchery of the Black Pig sign for their restaurant.   I have been mulling it over and stopped to pick up the fabrics that I believe will do the job.   It is a fun project.  I am putting embellishments on the Wee Thatched Cottage every day.    Should be done by the end of the week.

I baked green tomato muffins this afternoon.  Boy are they good.   Jeff came by with some documents I need for Mom and some genealogy info so I was able to share and send some home with him.

 Roxie has to go to the doctor tomorrow.   Poor little girl, she gets so upset.   It is the day that fluids are injected too.  How much can she bear?

So the end of a busy day.   I am pleased.

Dia dhuit

Mary

No comments: