Thursday, July 24, 2014

The weather today was gorgeous.    Comfortable temp, low  70s and a nice breeze.

I kind of lazed around all day.   For one thing, after I fed Roxie at 6, I went back to bed and it was almost 8AM when I woke up again.   So I am quite rested.

I did some work on the book and on genealogy, folded clothes and sorted some of my sewing things.  Then at 4PM I went over to the Tallgrass gathering that we do every week.  We had a nice group this week.  I had sent out a reminder and a couple residents who had not been there before showed up.

Then Linda Arends, a fellow board member, asked if I was going to the German Night at Plymouth Park.  I had not planned on it, but she said that she was thinking of it so I went with her.    It was super.   The High School German Band played followed by the city German Band.  They are both excellent and I met so many people that I know and met more because Linda knows EVERYBODY.  Her kids were in the High School band.

Anyway, I am home again and tired.   I think I will sleep well again tonight.

Dia DHuit

Mary

No comments: