Tuesday, July 08, 2014

Strange day as far as weather

The temperature was nice and mild.  We had a breeze, not a strong wind most of the day.  There were sporatic showers, not very heavy but there.   I believe that they have pretty much make their way out over Lake Michigan.

I planted some giant Iris that Jean Steiner, you know her, Jim and Michelle, your neat neighbor, gave me.  I put them in the spot where I lost most of the plants.   The berm really looks good actually and things are blooming.   I also have buds and a couple of tomatoes on my plants out front.   The beans on the deck are doing well also.

I went to the Exchange Bank this morning as I told you, two friends, Rosalie Hartman and Felicia Roselund-Reindl joined me so I had people to talk to.   I always bring paper and pencil just in case I am alone and I write poetry.  Either way it is a change of scenery.

Then I walked up to Klips and Tips for my haircut.   I like it and it is good to be shorter as the heat is coming.

I then drove up to St. John's for a funeral.   I really never met this person, but she is a relative on my Dad's side.   The Ziegler Family was huge.  Rose Ziegler married a Whiffler and this is the side of the family that were there.   Jean Steiner's first husband was a Whiffler and my cousin Lorraine Schmidt and her husband were there also.   I just felt that it wouldn't hurt to go to the Mass.

I pulled out the genealogy that I received from David Mann whose wife was the decedant and am updating Ancestry.

So.  A busy fulfilling day.   Tonight I will listen to Jimmy Keane at 8PM on Concert Window.   Then go to bed.   A good day.

Dia Dhuit

Mary

No comments: