Monday, July 07, 2014

Monday Monday

A typical Monday morning.  It was supposed to bet up into the 80s today and I just might have.  I left at 9AM for Bible Study.   Picked up 7 hosts for the Catholic residents an Meadow View.   I always get them before the study while the Holy Dusters are still cleaning the Church.   Last week they were done early and I had to ask Jeannie in the office to unlock for me.   Today, I just made it. 

We had 8 of our studiers there today.  A nice group with lots of discussion material.  We were trying to figure out where Peter went in Chapter 10 to meet Cornelius.   I am going to bring a map book I bought several years ago with maps of the regions then with overlays of the countries as they are now (at least how they were when the book was published.)

Then I went and had a very nice visit with Mom and giving communion to the other residents.  I almost ran out, I had to break them in half.   A couple people were added to the list and one couple had visitors.   Whew.  Mom looked beautiful and we had a nice talk.

Home again I fixed lunch, took care of the mail and other things that needed to be done at the beginning of the week.   Shortly after 4PM, I left to go to a friend's funeral.   I had not seen him in a while but his wife and I were seatmates when I went to the Mary Shrine in Champion.   Don was failing then but as Carmen said, it seems to go so fast.    She said that he was ready though.  As was my guy.

So Home again.   I am going to prepare for bed soon.   I went down after the Mass for the remembrance time and the meal.   I think it means so much to the families.   It puts off the finality of things a bit and I firmly believe that the souls are very close to us yet.

So.  Tomorrow I will get my hair cut and am going out for breakfast at the Exchange Bank at 8AM.  If you want to join me, I would be delighted.

Dia Dhuit

Mary

No comments: