Saturday, June 07, 2014

Saturday

I went for a walk just before lunch.    I am trying to get out at least three times a week, more if possible and I walk for about a half an hour.   It isn't much fun without a doggie, but I do run into people in the neighborhood here and there so it is not too lonely.

I do like looking around at nature and hearing the sounds of the birds and today, the bats at the baseball fields.   The sound of the bats make me remember fondly when Bart and Bret played ball.   Those were happy days for me and I think for them.    We spend most afternoons and evenings at a practice or game during that season.   I was always so proud to see my boys playing and flowering.  Good exercise and other skills.

I did a lot of scheduling for Bloomsday.  Still could use some readers.  Can I tempt anybody?  Things are coming together.  

I went to Mass at 4PM.   I got a call to substitute for a Eucharistic Minister so got to give communion  again.   I am assigned to next week.   I love that and fear that if I have surgery, I will be unable to for at least several weeks.   Oh well. 

Tomorrow I will finish up the board minutes for Tallgrass and work on a chapter of the "book"   It is moving slowly now.   When I take the quotation marks off you will know that it is no longer a chore.

We are supposed to get some rain tonight.   I really hope so.  It would be just a nice treat for the pots I have planted.   I have way too much chives so am going to thin them a bit.   Still no sign of Oregano though.   I am so shocked.   I thought it was impossible to kill oregano.   It is kind of like Lemon Balm.  Once it take root, it is a forever plant.

So.  Sleep tight.

Dia Dhuit

Mary

 

No comments: