Monday, June 02, 2014

It rained yesterday and today.   Today, it started just pouring while I was visiting Mother around lunch time.    It was a bit chilly during the rain, but when the rain stopped it immediately started to heat up and get humid.   

I am thinking that Roxie is not feeling too well.   She tried to wake me up at about 5AM, then went back to sleep with me and I woke her up at 7AM.  Now if she would just get up at 7AM EVERY morning, I think that would be very civilized.

We had Bible Study this morning after a week off because of Memorial Day.   We are in Acts of the Apostles, as I told you.   The Sunday readings are also including a reading from Acts.  Today, we got to the part where Paul was converted.   It is pretty dramatic, as he gets struck blind and thrown off of his horse.   Blindness is a hard thing to cope with.   We talked a bit about that.    One of our members, Tom, just had eye surgery.   He is healing, but it is slow.   We are all just praying for a complete recovery of sight for him.  So. you add your prayers too.  

Then I went to spend some time with Mom next.   She was really good today.    I told her all about the trip to the Marion Shrine near Green Bay and gave her a book about the shrine.   I picked up a children's book.  As I told her the print is larger and she can read that.   I also brought her a picture of me and Bishop Hying.   I went with a group of St. Vincent de Paul members and Bishop Hying is the spiritual leader of the St Vincents here.   I stayed til lunch time.   I helped her to her table and then came home.

Spent the afternoon writing and resting.  My arm and shoulder made me rest.

Tomorrow I will see Jeff and Kathy.

Dia Dhuit

Mary

No comments: