Friday, April 18, 2014

Good Friday come and almost gone.   I spent a quiet morning just sorting things and working on the kitchen to be ready for baking tomorrow.  I am looking forward to Bobbie and Bill coming for dinner on Sunday.   If anyone else is in the neighborhood, stop by.   Come by at about noon, so we can visit and snack before dinner.  I figure dinner at one.  (I made up my mind, Bobbie.)

The Good Friday serviced started at 1PM at St. Johns.    It was a very nice service.   The main choir sang and were very good.   I went with my neighbor, Jean.   It was the usual service.   The readings, the adoration of the cross and then communion.   I was communion minister and will be again on Sunday Morning at 8AM.   Jean and I were commenting, that years ago, the Good Friday services started at noon and were over at 3PM.   Neither of us can remember what was different, but there must have been a lot more to it.   I remember that when I was younger, every business closed down between 12PM and 3PM on Good Friday.   Eventually, the business started letting people off to go to services and eventually, this is a rare thing too.    Too bad.  There was a goodness and kindness in those days that doesn't exist now.

This evening I drove out to Rhine to have my new grips put on my Buckmark.   I could have done it myself but felt better if one of the guys who knows guns better did it for me.    Larry put them on and they are really pretty.  I can tell that the grip will be more comfortable.   I did not shoot as there was league going on and a lot of shooters.   I will go out some Sunday to just practice, especially during the summer so that I can shoot again in the Fall.

A quiet day tomorrow. 

Dia Dhuit

Mary

No comments: