Sunday, April 13, 2014

Dinner Theatre

Today Bobbie, Bill and I went to the Memories Dinner Theatre in Port Washington for the third play  of my Christmas Gift.   Always a good way to spend an afternoon.   I got to hear about the trip to Louisiana to visit Leslie and Bill.  It was kind of foggy and started raining, though not heavily on the way home.

We had a good dinner.   Fried chicken, pork, mashed potatoes, spaetzle, warm apple, and mixed veggies.    The table is always set with a fresh salad when you come in to the theatre and after a while, just before dinner is announced, they bring out their famous FLUFF.   Always different, it is a cream cheese, whipped topping, fresh fruit and sugar concoction which does taste good and they always give the recipe.   Seems more like a dessert though and we wonder why we get it before the meal.   They always have a dessert at intermission anyway.   Today is was bread pudding with pretzel topping.   Scrumptious.

The play was Showtime at First Baptist.   A play that was new to us.   We were told that it was a sequel but it was also stand alone.   About 6 women at this Baptist Church who face tragedy with love and humor while showing all their human bumps.   It was delightful.                         

So that was the day.   I have to get up early tomorrow because I have a meeting at 8:30AM here in the condo complex and have to go to Blessed Trinity in the morning to pick up communion for Mom and the other Catholic residents at Meadow View.  I would go to St. John's but I don't know if anyone will be at the church a the time I need it so I will go with what I know.

Dia Dhuit

Mary




No comments: