Sunday, March 16, 2014

A perfectly lovely Sunday

It was cold today, but the sun shone enough of it to pick up one's spirits.  Perhaps spring will come.

I kind of lazed around this morning, puttered at the desk and read a bit.   at about 10:30AM the phone rang.  It was my friend, Barbara Sadler, who went all through school with me, and to the convent in our early high school days.  What a treat, we had a nice long sharing talk.    I am blessed to have several friends that have stayed "best" friends through the years.   

Bobbie and Bill picked me up shortly after 11AM for our outing the Memories Dinner Theater on Port Washington for the second of the series of plays and dinner that they gave me for Christmas.   Salad is always on the table when one arrives.  Then they bring a concoction called Fluff that they are famous for.   They have a different flavor each time.   It seems more like a dessert than a palate cleanser to me and they always give the recipe.   This was called Pistachio Fluff and featured, pineapple, pistachio pudding, whipped topping and mini marshmallows.   We had potatoes, rice/noodles/ fish/tips and gravy and veggies for dinner.   Then at intermission they bring dessert.   Today an Oreo Dessert.

The play was a really well done funny comedy called Getting Sara Married.  I had never heard of it before.  It is about a  woman whose aunt is trying to get her married in the most bizarre way.  Had us laughing throughout.

Home again, they helped me bring up the wheel chair for the walk tomorrow.   My friends Janet and Rich have said that they will push me so I don't have to miss being a part of the walk.    It is supposed to be cold tomorrow too but no precipitation, so we will just have to dress warm.   I have knee sox and my green Irish Knit sweater ready.

Happy St. Patrick's day

Dia Dhuit

Mary

No comments: