Friday, February 28, 2014

Oops

Well.  I will get to the oops in the order it occurred, last.

I had a pretty good day until this evening.  Got up at 7AM.   My cleaning lady came at 8AM.   I got the minutes of the board meeting just about ready while she was here.   Then at 10:30AM, I drove to Meadow View to visit Mother.   I stopped on the way to pick up a bottle of Moskato for her as I wanted to be sure she had enough wine.   She had a half bottle left so should be fine for quite a while now.  We had a good visit.   She is very tired and did fall asleep once while we were talking.   I just waited.  She wanted to talk about the house and the things in it.   We also talked about the news as she was reading the paper when I came in.

I drover back to Plymouth and had lunch at the Dairy Queen with my Bank Lady friends.   We had a great visit.   It is so good to have Betty back after her broken hip.

Then I went home and took a short nap before going out to Rhine to shoot my last four targets for the Winter Pistol League.   And this is where it all went wrong.  Diane and Harold were there.    Harold was waiting for me to go down to shoot our last targets.  I had four left.   They even invited me out for dinner with them which sounded great.

So Harold and I went down to the range.  Harold asked if we could shoot the way he usually shoots with other guys.   Trading shots.   I usually shoot my ten all in a row, pausing after three or so but without training.    I did just fine until the 7th shot of the 4th round.    Somehow, when I dropped the gun, I didn't get my finger off the trigger, it went off as I was bringing it down and I shot my left foot.
I am so embarrassed.    It was bleeding, of course, so I wrapped my sock around the would for a compress and put my shoe on to help the compression.   I drove myself to urgent care. 

An Xray later determined that the bullet did break a bone, but it is not displaced. They washed and cleaned the wound but  there is debris in there so I will go to see Dr. Fehrman next Tuesday for more examination.    I have it wrapped and a surgical shoe with instructions to keep it up and dry.   I also have antibiotics.

Of course, every gunshot wound has to be reported to the police.    They were very kind and made me feel better.   It is true - Accidents do happen.  

Anyway, now you all know my OOPS.   Please pray for your wounded warrior.

Dia Dhuit
Mary

No comments: