Sunday, December 15, 2013

Weekend

It was a pretty good weekend.


The Tallgrass Condo board meeting was yesterday morning, which probably is what wore me out and made me forget to post last night.  The meeting went well.   I am planning on having the minutes done and approved by the board members to review so I can get them to the residents before I leave for Oklahoma.

I went to Mass in the evening and then Roxie and I just relaxed and enjoyed ourselves.    I think I got my Christmas Cards done.    I have been so muddled and did not write everything down, so if you didn't get one, let me know and I will forward immediately :)

Today has been a super Sunday,    I slept in some, then I baked an apple pie (I had a crust in the fridge and know that Mom loves apple pie) and mixed up a small meatloaf for my supper.   I figure that is that last whole meal that I will have to cook before I leave.

At noon, I went to the Glas House in Sheboygan.    I dont know how long they have been there but my friend Mary Wagner was speaking there about her photo art.   She is the one who wrote Running with Stilettos, Heck on Heels and Fabulous in Flats.   I really enjoyed her talk and after she finished, Keary Kautzer, a water color artist that I also know, spoke about his art.    A super way to spend a cold Sunday.  Incidentally, The Poets at Mead are doing another event at Ebco.   18 of us are submitting three poems that we seal in an envelope.   The artists involved put pictures of three of their works in a sealed envelope.   The artists randomly pick and envelope and have to do a piece of art about one of the three.   The poets randomly pick an envelope and have to do a poem about one of the art pieces.   We will each have two items in the end exhibit which will be in March.   I go into that because I picked Keary's art envelope.   I have the copies on my file cabinet so that I can absorb them before I write.   I am torn between two.

So the day is winding down and so am I.    I called the Sunrise Hospital in Vegas and found out that my sister in law, Jacquie has to be retested tomorrow.   They were unabl to complete the test today.   She may have colon cancer, so pray for her.  I have placed her on all my prayer chains.   My list is getting long again.

Until tomorrow.

Dia Dhuit

Mary

One of the parents of one of the children who died at Sandy Hook said something very wise.

"When I am grieving, I am remembering."   I feel this way too.   It is only tree days from the anniversary of my  sweet guy making his way to heaven.   I grieve, but I remember with joy and laughter.    I used to tell him that as long as he could make me laugh I would keep him around and he never stopped making me laugh.   Even now.   What a blessing I have.


No comments: