Thursday, December 19, 2013

Here I am again

Yesterday was a year since my love went up to heaven and I was just glad to be home and be.   I received a couple of phone calls that were helpful.    My sister, Nora, called and my dear friend, Ione, whose husband joined Dick on Christmas, knew and called me too.   I received a call from my lovely granddaughter too, but was unable to get to the phone in time.   I called her today and we also had a really lovely talk.   Marcus got home from day care just about when we were done talking so I got to say hi to that little man too.  

I heard a man say that "When I am grieving, I am remembering."   It is so true.   I don't like to cry but sometimes one has to and with Dick, I usually remember something he did and then I end up smiling with the joy.    

Today was nice.   I went exercising at Generations this morning.   Then I cleaned up the kitchen and left at about 10:30AM to buy some better walking shoes on my way to Bobbie and Bill's.   Bobbie had invited me over to help her bottle the batch of Gewurtztraminer Wine.    It is just gorgeous.  
She filtered it despite the fact that it looked pretty clear already but with the filtering it is absolutely sparkling.  Our "testing taste" was actually quite pleasant.  It should mature into something just fantastic.

Bobbie fixed lunch too.   Split pea soup and pretzel sandwiched.  
Really good, she made the pretzels herself.  
We had balls of death for dessert.     A nice way to spend the day.

We were going to do dinner, but with the projected bad weather tonight figured that it was better to get me home before the evening when it is supposed to come in.    I mixed up the dough for the Christmas Stolon tonight.   It has to sit overnight.   I plan on baking it tomorrow afternoon.   Then I am all done with the baking.  Probably too much as usual but I do like baking.

So that is what is going on around here.  I am sipping a bit of Irish Cream and trying to keep Roxie away from it.  

Bless you

Dia Dhuit

Mary

No comments: