Thursday, November 07, 2013

The end of a super day.

It was SO cold.   I did not realize how cold it was until I left the house with a comparatively light jacket and started walking around the Lakeland College Campus.   

Today was the first day of Karl Elder's Great Lakes Literary Festival at the campus.    It started at 11AM with two speakers, a poet Nick Lantz and a fiction writer, Allyson Goldon Loomis.  Then at two thirty each of the speakers held a workshop.    I went to lunch in Elkhart Lake with Beverly Shellhaass from the Cream City Writers and a few ladies from Karl's Poetry Circle at Mead.   Then most of us returned to participate in a workshop by one or the other speaker.

I went to Nick Lantz's workshop and found it quite helpful.

When I got home, I had received a call from my neighbor's, Bob and Peg.   This is Thursday and they invited me over for a glass of wine.    Evie, one of our other neighbors, came over too.   The even fed us.   Was a lovely hour.

Lastly, I drove over to church for the 2nd talk by Rich Curran about Catholicism, Creating Stronger Families.    A lot to absorb but the main thing I got out of it is that it is so very important to extend blessings and love to those we care about.    Not just thinking about it but actually expressing it.   So. to each and every one of you.   You are my greatest blessings from God and I pray that you will be safe and that you remain healthy and strong in body and spirit.  And I love you so much.

Dia Dhuit

Mary


No comments: