Wednesday, November 06, 2013

A good Wednesday


Eileen, Dolores, Nora, Me, Mother
For those that might not know.

Just looking at old pictures and found this one.   Can you believe how young we were?

Bobbie and Bill just left.   We had dinner and they changed the bulbs in my kitchen light.    They had been blinking for a week or so.   Yesterday the blinking stopped but when Bill took the cover off, two were burned out.

We had Venison and beer stew with salad, beer bread and pumpkin cupcakes.    That is such a good stew.    I remember when I couldn't make a stew to save my soul.     Dick and I bought the best stew meat and veggies.   I cooked it all up.   It looked beautiful but was totally tasteless.   It is the beer that saved me.

I do love feeding people.    This way, I could fix a stew.   Sent some home with them, could freeze some and still have a meal or two in the next week.

Bobbie brought me a jar of fresh lemon curd.    I must make some scones but it will taste good on the beer bread tomorrow morning.

So.  Time to get ready for bed.  Tomorrow will be busy.

Dia Dhuit

Mary

Posted by Picasa

No comments: