Saturday, November 09, 2013

It was windy today

The wind was colder than the temperature today.   Is that the chill index?

I went on a cooking frenzy today.   Sometimes I just plain want to cook so - I made andouille and turkey gumbo.   I had a box from the New Orleans Cooking School.   The kit says to mix the package in the box with water then add cooked chicken and the andouille sausages.    I decided to add the Cajun trinity too and used my leftover turkey instead of chicken.   It is good.  

I also made blackberry scones and Scottish shortbread cookies. AND I have a loaf of no knead bread in the oven.   It did not rise like it really should have.   I think my yeast is just too old.   But it did rise so I will have a hearty bread.

I went to the 4PM mass so I can stay home tomorrow.   I am working on my Brigit chapter and she is difficult because there is so MUCH on her and the stories vary.   Too many legends.   To top it off the saint and the goddess stories are all mixed up.

So now it is time to settle in bed with a good book.


Here is something I found in a newspaper somewhere.

HOMEWORK
From a real teacher

Please do one of the following by Tuesday.

1. Master Kung Fu
2. Switch religions for a day.
3. Wear a fake mustache for 24 hours.
4. End world hunger.
5. Find your nemesis, earn their trust, then vanquish them (Preferably with magic.)
6.  In the shower, use conditioner first then shampoo just to see what would happen. (I'm curious)

Dia Dhuit

Mary

No comments: