Monday, November 25, 2013

Cold as the Dickens

It was COLD today.   The only thing that saved us is that there was really no wind, so it was tolerable when one had to be outside.

I had to go out too. Bible Study as usual at 9:30AM.  We have just finished discussing the third chapter of Acts.  The questions again drew us back into the Old Testament.  To Isaiah who in his chapter 53 practically tells the live of Jesus.

Went over to Mom's next.   She was fine but very tired.   I can tell that her energy level is really low.   We got the bills paid and weeded out the junk mail.   Then we had a chance to visit a bit.   But I could tell how tired she was and she really needed a bit of a rest before her dinner arrived.

I stopped at the post office on the way home to mail Jacquie's birthday present.   I remembered that her favorite color is purple and found a beautiful purple necklace.   I got some Christmas stamps for my self too.

Home again, I had leftover risotto and spaghetti squash with beef for lunch.   Then I scrubbed the kitchen floor and primed all but two spots that need priming and cleaned the toilets.    I think I told you that Jody, my cleaning lady couldn't come on Friday because she was sick so I got to work myself.  I am not vacuuming though unless she can't come this week too.   I just had the carpets cleaned and there is really not much traffic.   I had to aggravate the neck and arm any more that I have to.  The floor HAS to be washed at least once a week.

Had a conference call with the CWI Board at 7PM.   Short and too the point.   We are quite efficient.   I have a couple of things to do before Sunday but will start that tomorrow.

It is now time to roll up the sidewalks and go to bed.

So until tomorrow, when I am going to make Pumpkin Seed Brittle

Dia Dhuit

Mary

Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.  W. B. Yeats

No comments: