Friday, November 29, 2013

Hi again

I know I missed posting last night, but it was such a full day and I went to bed later than I usually do anyway.

It was a great Thanksgiving.   Jim and Michelle called in the morning.   We had a nice phone visit.  They were going to Bart and Barb's (Actually my grandson Adam's home) for dinner.  Glad family is staying in touch.   We have such a special one.

I spent the day working on dinner at my own pace.   Richard and Brenda got here about three thirty or so .  They set up the appetizers.  Bobbie and Bill got here shortly afterwards and we opened up some good hard cider to go with the appetizers.   At 5ish we filled the dinner table with good food and bubbly wine to go with it. 

Such a special day.  Good food and special time with each other.   I love it.

Today was quieter.   I was able to stay home most of the day.   Richard and Brenda, of course, had spent the night so we had a really good breakfast.   Usually I don't do a lot for breakfast and scrambled eggs with fruit and fresh breads was good.  We had Jody, my cleaning lady, enjoy the breakfast with us.

Tonight I went over to 52 Stafford to enjoy Blarney.   I sat with Warren and Nancy until they left and had started talking to the couple in back of me, Linda and Randall Norris.   He gave me a copy of his book called Highway 61, Heart of the Delta.   I am going to send him my poetry book.

So it was a full day and a happy one.  I love my family.

Dia Dhuit

Mary

No comments: