Sunday, November 17, 2013

A beginning of another week.

It has been a lovely beginning.    

Wenig Funeral home, who took care of Dick's funeral for me conduct a memorial service about this time of the year.    I received an invitation of course and was delighted to go as I have been feeling a bit down as the weather glooms up and the holidays approach. 

It was at the Gibbsville Reformed Church - which is lovely, I had never been there before.   The service was so comforting and ended with names birth and death dates and pictures of all those who Wenig helped inter since last year.   The Blessed Trinity Bereavement committee helps John with this event so it is ecumenical which makes it even more special.  

I cried.   But that is OK.   They gave ideas on how to face the upcoming holidays which I will ponder.  Some are very good and we will all benefit from them as we miss our guy so much.

I even got an angel ornament to display this year and for years to come.  

So it has been a hard day but one of those days where one feels lot of support and camaraderie.  I am truly blessed.    I was even reminded of my Tony and am so glad that I went to his resting place this year.   It was long needed and Bret told me how much it meant to him.   He has even gone back.    I wonder what Tony would have become.   He will always be my sweet little baby.

Enough.   Tomorrow will be a good day as I will see Mother and will go to the Cream City Writers.   I am also having lunch with my friend Peggy, whose husband was across the hall from Dick at Plymouth Care and passed away three years ago.   She is a fellow poet and very expressive.

Roxie is slowly accepting the new office.    I figure after the livingroom is cleaned and the furniture finally where it should be she will be just fine.    I am thinking of putting a chair in the bedroom for her to have a place to retreat to.  Though, of course, if I am in the office, she can be alone in the living room.   AHA.

Dia dhuit

Mary

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three of more is a congress."   John Adams

No comments: