Monday, November 18, 2013

Why are Mondays so wild?     It was nice though.   But COLD!!   The wind just roared all night and was still not settled down for most of the day.   That made it feel even colder.

I went to Bible Study at 9:30AM.  We seemed very disjointed today but talking about Peter helping the lame man to walk set off a lot of discussion.   We did find out by reading an Old Testament reference from a previous chapter that we looked up "by accident" turned out to be the Shema, a traditional prayer of Jewish life Deut 6:4-9 which is just what Jesus preached.   Of course, he was a Jew.   It starts off as "Listen, Israel! The Lord our God is the only true God."  It goes on to tell us how to be right in this world by following God's laws.

Went to Mom's next.    Mom seemed really tired today.    I am concerned for her.  She looked just beautiful though.   Her hair, freshly permed last Saturday, was coiffed perfectly and shining silver.   When I told her how good she looked, she perked up a bit.

Then I went to the Exchange Bank to have lunch with my friend Peggy before we walked over to BookHeads for our Cream City Writers meeting.   We have a couple of new members, Pattie Mc Kensie and Craig, I forgot his last name but he is a friend of Jena's.   He is a pleasure and sharing assignments from a class he is taking and his own experiments.  

Got home at about 2PM.   I rested for a while.   The got a couple of phone calls, One from my friend Paul Hanson and one from Nancy Roehre.

I have been working on the CWI newsletter.   Want to get it out tomorrow after I review what I wrote.

So.   Dancing with the stars is half over.   I am going to watch the rest of it in bed.

Roxie is getting used to the new arrangement.    I think I have made things pretty kitty friendly for her.   Tomorrow she will have to put up with carpet cleaners and the moving of furniture in the living room.   I suppose she wonders if this agony will ever end.

Dia Dhuit

Mary

No comments: