Saturday, September 28, 2013

Today was gorgeous and I was able to spend the afternoon enjoying it.  One of those days to keep in your heart to bring out on a cold stormy winter day.

I slept until 8:30AM.   It was not a bad night.   Yesterday was so exhausting I don't think my body could have stayed awake any longer.

So when I got up I ate breakfast did a bit of straightening out in the soon to be office and then left for Generations, down the street here in Plymouth, to enjoy the Sheboygan County Quilt Guild's annual quilt show.   It was totally special, as usual.   So very many quilts and quilt treasures.   Such talent in our community.   I ran into so many friends.   Several that I have not seen since I left the Guild. 

I left there to drive to Mead for the 100 Thousand Poets for Chance event.    I loved it.    First I went up the the third floor to be sure sure I didn't miss anything.   Good thing I did.   They had a little event which invited poets to pick books off the shelves to make a poem and stack them on the window sill on both sides of Dick's plaque.   You know me, I have to do everything.   I picked out four.   The titles formed the following.

Dark End of the Street
The Dangerous End of Things
Foolish Undertaking
When the Lion Feeds

The exciting stuff took place in front of the library.   There was reading and music off and on all morning, I understand.   I got to that area at 1PM.    Just in time to hear Wisconsin's  current Poet Laureate, Max Garland from Eau Claire speak and read his poems.    Very nice.   Now I have heard two of them.   

After he was done, we had over an hour of open mike readings and music.    It was super and I too read two of my poems.  

As soon as it was over, I headed back to Plymouth as I was the lector for the Saturday night mass and wanted to get there early so I was sure that I knew what to do.   It went well.   I was not quite sure when to put the book on the altar but it all worked out and I do enjoy being a part of the mass.

I am truly tired again but not a frantic tired like yesterday.   I feel content and ready to move to the next challenges.

Tomorrow I will be home ALL day and plan to hide if I have to.

Guess what,  I sent my passport renewal from and all in on September 13 and I HAVE IT ALREADY. 

Want to go outside of the U. S.   I can go now.

Dia Dhuit

Mary

No comments: