Friday, September 27, 2013

This has been an endless day.  

I had a very bad night's sleep to begin with.   Then things started getting weird.

The morning was not too bad.  I have my homeowners/auto insurance decided for the next year.  Jody cleaned and I have cleaned the carpet in the 2nd bedroom which will soon be my office,  I did that so that I can have the desk and computer moved into it and the living room clear enough to have Schroeder's come to clean the rest of the carpets in the house.    I have found a home for the desk, but need to wait until it can be picked up.   I donated the stand lift to Rocky Knoll.   I have moved the wheelchair out into the garage so things are progressing albiet slowly.  At. least to me.

Then I got on the phone with Expedia.   I have ordered my hotel room through them and there was supposed to be a +1Expedia package that included a city/cemetery tour, food at a restaurant and discount on limo fees.  Somehow or other the person who I booked with did not include it.    I have gone through holy you know what for hours but finally have my voucher.  

I got disrupted in the middle of this by Jeff.  We have a new TV for Mother and a new carrier.   Jeff got a bundle from ATT which includes TV with Dish TV.   They installed it this afternoon and I had to go to Mom's to be there to explain it to her.   Sounds simple, right?    Not so.   The TV Jeff got does not want to communicate with the dish the way it should so at this point Mom still has two remotes.    She can do everything and has all the promised channels but two remotes.

Mom is not a happy camper.   She loves the sharpness of the TV BUT she still has two controllers and all but the main channels have DIFFERENT numbers.    She does not react well to change and frankly I can understand.   Anyway.  Tomorrow or next week will bring a resolution.

In the mean time, I am exhausted.   Tomorrow will be a play day.   I am going to the Sheboygan County Quilt Guild show and then to 100 Thousand Poets For Change at Mead.

I did go for lunch at the Dairy Queen with my bank lady friends and we laughed and laughed today.   We were all remembering goofy things that have happened to us.   What a blast.

Dia Dhuit

Be happy

Mary  

No comments: