Sunday, August 11, 2013

The end of a super friendly day.    It rained.   Darn, but not enough to dampen the spirits of all of the Irish and friends of the Irish who gathered at St. Michael's church near Parnell this morning for Mass and a picnic.

Fr. Mike Shea officiated at the Mass.  It was lovely.   I had forgotten to include the petitions in the worship folder so had to wing it.    I managed to squeeze a couple personal petitions in.   Good for me.

After Mass it was still raining off and on but we decided it was a "soft day".    It never got really bad and stopped often enough that we were able to wander the graveyard in search of our kin and any names that ran bells.  The three musicians were delightful.   Playing really good traditional music for us out under an awning.   We had fiddle, guitar, whistle, flute and bodhran.   Also some super singing.   I felt like I was back in Ireland and have decided that I must go to 52 Stafford on Wednesdays more often.

A lot of excitement for me.   I am very tired, but such a good tired.  AND I sold four books.  

So. til later

Dia Dhuit

Mary
 

No comments: