Thursday, June 27, 2013

A rather warm and muggy day.    They predicted scattered showers throughout the day, but it didn't rain until about 5:30PM.    We Tallgrass people had our second gathering in the lots this evening.   We meet at 4:30PM.   One of the neighbors has provided a canopy to put up which is a nice shelter from the sun and was good in the rain after most people went home.   The few that were left sat out until almost 7PM.    I came in when the rain started  and ate some supper.   Then since there were still people out there, I went out to visit once more as the sun was shining again.   I am glad we are doing this every week.    It is a great chance to meet neighbors and just get out in the fresh air.  As I said the sun is shining out there, but I can still hear thunder in the distance so maybe it isn't over yet

The rest of the day was OK.    I had to do an errand for Mother in the middle of the day, so I combined it with picking up some prescriptions at Walgreens that I am low on.  She looked good but is so very tired and weak.  Dolores and Ken will be out there tomorrow.    It is good that one of us is usually there each day.

Tomorrow will be a bit busy too.   I plan on working on marketing the book , taking down the canopy with help from friends and transcribing the minutes from the board meeting.    My break will be lunch with the bank girls.

So thats all for today.
Dia Dhuit

Mary



No comments: