Tuesday, February 26, 2013

The predicted storm started a couple of hours ago.   The previously clear driveways are now all white again.    The storm started with a strong wind, I could hear it when I napped.

I got a LOT of trash out today, I have been shredding.   I am a couple of years behind so next week will be another heavy load for the trash guys.  

Then I went to do a couple of errands.  I did a bit of grocery shopping, I don't need much but did wander the store and got some cat food and trash bags.  Then I filled up my tank  in the van as I was below a half a tank.    Then I decided to go to Cain's Floral to see if they had a Daffodil plant.   I wanted one for tomorrow for the CWI Meeting.   We are celebrating St. David and St. Piran and the daffodil is featured at all of the celebrations for both feast days.    Daffodils must be blooming in the British Isles now.

The rest of the day was spent here at home.   There is never a lack of things to do.    I never get bored.   If I am tired of doing something, I just go to something else.

Today, I baked some cupcakes.    I had a lot of corn left from dinner (I had some with two meals from the same package already) so I searched and make a batch of corn/bacon cupcakes with a maple frosting.   They are OK.   I like them but they are not at all like the decadent  cupcakes that I made a couple of months ago.

Tomorrow will be quiet until evening when I will be going to 52 Stafford for the CWI meeting and the Craic.

Dia Dhuit

Mary




No comments: