Thursday, February 28, 2013

I stepped outside of the house twice today.   The first time to put a letter in the mailbox and the second to pick up the mail. 

Not a bad day.   The snow has stopped falling and the wind seems to have died down.   Not especially cold but not warm enough to reduce the very high snow banks around the greenspace in front of the condo.

I had a maintenance on my water heater.    The gentleman who came said that he was a block over at one of my neighbors.   They also have windows out under a deck and there was a big deer resting there.   He startled it a bit, but not enough to make it run away.    With all the snow AND with so much of their habitat was stripped for the impending railroad that I recon they are looking for sheltered safe spaces.    We do have at least three, I thought I saw four, that run back and forth behind us.

I believe that I have finished mending the top of Mom's Cathedral Window quilt.    I say believe, because those little loose tabs can hide, I have discovered.    I turned it over and now will check all the bottom seams, many of them are loose also.

I worked on the Cookbook today too.   So it was a full day.

Tomorrow will be a day at home also, unless something comes up.

Dia Dhuit

Mary

A winter Haiku by me

Gloomy Cloudy day
Made a hole for the sun and
Broke into a smile.

No comments: