Friday, December 07, 2012

Whew, what a day.   I got up at 6ish as Jody was coming to clean at 8AM.  Dick was up by7:30AM but really has been very subdued all day.   He slept well last night but does not seem to get rested.

We had the VNA PT person come today to review how I get Dick in and out of bed and move him around.   She really does not see how things could be changed without great expense and lots of cranes and cranks and so on.    She did call Matt at Home Care Resources to see if he can come up with any adaptations that might help.   He is going to call next week.

Then we had lunch and Nancy came at 12:30PM to clean Dick up and attend to those needs.   We left him in bed then for a nap.    He woke up when Kay from Embrace got here at 3:30PM

I left for my therapy appointment which was at 4PM then did a couple of other errands and was home by 5PM.

Dick was coughing really badly and is exhausted.    I tried to get him to eat but he just nibbled. He is already in bed at 6:30PM.   Worries me but I gave him some cough medicine which seems to have eased the coughing a lot.

I have strengthening exercises to do for my arm and will go back next week and possible the following week to see how things go.

So that was the day.   Tomorrow will be a much more fun day.   First, at 10AM, the Condo meeting (Not the Fun Part of the Day.)   Then after a quick check on Dick   (Heather, from Embrace will be with him all day.) I will pick up Kate and we will go to the Plymouth History Museum to help set up for the Tea.    The weather is supposed to be good for us.  Yea.   There was lots of advertizement so I hope we have a good crowd.    Jeff Ward who is singing for us is SO good.

After the event Kate and I  will go to Mass and  I will be home by 5:30PM.    Home until 6:30PM on Sunday.   I can even sleep late on Sunday if all goes well.

I am so glad for that.

Bless you all and I hope your holiday plans are going well.  Remember that love is what it is all about.

Dia Dhuit

Mary

No comments: