Wednesday, December 05, 2012

Sorry I did not post last night,  I was just too tired.

Today was busy too but there is a lot going on.  I had to get up at 6AM because Kim from Embrace care was coming at 7AM and I had to leave shortly after for an 8AM appointment with Dr. Poppy, the chiropractor.  My right arm and shoulder are hurting almost all the time.   Her work did not do anything to relieve that.   I am hoping that my appointment with therapy on Friday for strengthening will provide some help.

I got home after shopping to find that  Nancy from VNA had run late and Kim had to stay a bit longer.   Thank heaven, the helpers just stay.   And I was only 10 minutes past the time they were supposed to be here.   I had expected Nancy at 10AM but she ran late and got here at 10:30AM.  This worked out just fine.   I was able to have help with Dick until just shortly before we had to leave for Fond du Lac to see Marty from Actra, the prosthesist.     He was able to assure me that the problems with the left prosthesis are due to wear and tear and what I have been doing to get it on is the right way.   He did a bit of work on it which should extend the wear for some time anyway.

We had tuna helper for our supper tonight.   It was really good and I have a couple of quick meals for the next couple of busy days.

Received a nice encouraging note from Jim and Michelle today.   It is always so good to get a boost just when things seem the worst. 

Tomorrow we will be consulting with a social worker and a nurse about Dick's needs.  Bobbie will be here.   I am so glad that she can be here.   Hopefully we can get help that will allow me to do some healing and keep Dick at home safe and sound.   I just need to be able to take care of him.

Tomorrow, I will be Christmas Chopping at Gibbsville,    Kate is going with me and we will have breakfast together.

So until tomorrow evening.

Dia Dhuit

Mary





"I don't think anybody feels like they're a good parent," Joan Didion told New York Magazine last year. "Or if people think they're good parents, they ought to think again."

No comments: